To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the overall financial oversight of two assigned service lines and is the strategic finance partner for the clinical service line administrators. Responsibilities include management of financial planning activities, and development of business plans, operating budgets and capital budgets. Sets annual and long term financial goals in partnership with the service line administrator. Integrates and coordinates activities with other Service Line Administrators in order to provide a consistent service to our customers.
- 1. Responsible for hiring, training and development of direct reports.
- 2. Develops a team of highly functioning professionals that consistently demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- 3. Ability to coordinate and motivate staff while maintaining effective relationships that demonstrate respect and sensitivity.
- 4. Plans, directs, and manages all financial functions of assigned service lines to include financial reporting, annual operating and capital budgeting, business planning, cost accounting, shared services, and all other strategic financial requests.
- 5. Manages the routine monitoring of key financial and volume indicators and identifies trends and opportunities relative to the operating budget of assigned service lines.
- 6. Coordinates the preparation of accurate profit and loss statements to assist sr. management in making decisions related to new clinical programs or in the evaluation of current programs.
- 7. Manages the preparation of all new business plans including those for physician recruitment.
- 8. Oversees the development of the annual operating and capital budgets for assigned service lines to include the budget build, monthly budget gap analysis, and other budget activities related to the monthly financial close.
- 9. Manages the maintenance and reporting process related to position control and full time equivalent budget transactions for assigned service lines.
- 10. Participates in Health System initiatives including budget deficit mitigation efforts.
- 11. Manages annual review of volumes, relative value units and other activities associated with maintaining the cost accounting system.
- 12. Maintains a business leader approach with continual awareness of external and internal issues along with the knowledge of Organizational needs and priorities.
- 13. In all matters, conducts oneself in accordance with Yale New Haven Health System's core values.
- 14. Performs other related duties as required by Director of Financial Planning, Operations, and Strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field.
Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in healthcare finance.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations with the ability to influence the thinking of others. Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels within the Organization. Knowledge of the hospital industry and health care environment required