To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Foundation and working in collaboration with the Sr. Communications & Marketing Officer, the Sr. Foundation Communication Officer manages and orchestrates Marketing & Communications in support of the fundraising goals for the Foundation; manages digital communications; produces an annual Foundation magazine; collaborates with The Fund for Greenwich Hospital, Major Gifts/Planned Giving and Special Events; manages publicity and media support for the Hospital's annual Benefit; and engages with the PR leadership at Yale New Haven Health System and Greenwich Hospital.
- 1. Co-lead the Foundation's Marketing & Communications Department in support of fundraising goals for the Foundation
- 1.1 Manage print communication in support of the Foundation. Manage the intersection of this responsibility with Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Annual Fund, the Annual Benefit and other Special Events, along with the promotion of hospital services, programs, clinicians and achievements
- 2. In collaboration with Sr. Communications & Marketing Officer, manage digital communications through website, email and social media
- 2.1 In support of communications and marketing efforts for the Foundation, create written and graphic/photo content for GHF website via Wordpress and Blackbaud platforms, inclusive of web pages, events, calendar/news posts and forms.
- 3. In collaboration with the VP and fellow Marketing and Communications Officer, design, write and produce the Greenwich Hospital Foundation Magazine
- 3.1 Research key hospital priorities and donors to highlight in the magazine.
- 4. Collaborate with Annual Fund and Major Gift/Planned Giving Leadership
- 4.1 Coordinate a calendar of supporting communication for all Annual Fund, Major Gift and Planned Giving mailings and emailings. Exercise strategies for acquisition and stewardship.
- 5. Manage Annual Benefit Publicity and Media Support
- 5.1 Work in close consultation with the Special Events team over a 12 month period to provide PR support for the annual benefit, to be held in May, serving a total of up to 600 guests.
- 6. Engage with Director of PR and Key Leadership at YNHHS and GH
- 6.1 Foster a symbiotic relationship with PR leadership to inform the work of the Foundation.
Bachelors Degree required; Masters preferred
More than 5 years experience as writer and/or editor of regularly published periodical or newspaper; knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus; experience with web design and electronic communication; successful experience in video production.
Some nights and weekends required.