To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Director of Volunteer and Guest Services, Liaisons perform a variety of duties to ensure quality guest services to patients, their families and guests. Liaisons provide oversight of waiting areas to ensure a clean, safe and efficienty run environments. Liaisons provide training, support, recognition and oversight to volunteers assigned to their area. Liaisons provide information to patients and guests in order to ensure a positive patient experience.
- 1. Performs a wide range of duties to ensure that support and information are available to patient families/visitors in surgical and ICU waiting areas including the Surgical Family Lounge, CTICU, and Emergency Department.
- 1.1 Determines needs of patient families in the waiting areas, and is responsible to provide services to meet customers needs.
- 2. Oversees amenities program and assures clean and neat physical environment in the waiting areas.
- 2.1 Provides a safe, comfortable environment in the waiting areas for patient families.
- 3. Enhances team concept of this program functioning as a team member in Volunteer & Guest Services, and the Hospital areas where assigned.
- 3.1 Communicates appropriate problems or concerns which impact the operation of this program in a respectful and collaborative manner, always seeking to reach consensus with other members of the team.
- 4. Enables volunteer staff to provide support services to patient families.
- 4.1 Demonstrates an understanding of the philosophy of volunteerism and the needs of volunteers, advocating for volunteers in serving families in this program as appropriate.
- 5. Employee is to provide assistance to ensure smooth operations. The employee must also project a positive image of the Department and the Hospital as outlined in the Hospital's customer service standards of behavior.
- 5.1 Employee recognizes duties that need to be performed and 'making a great first impression' to patients and families and staff by appropriate dress and behavior.
Minimum high school equivalent experience. Associates degree desirable.
Two (2) to four (4) years experience in a healthcare institution including demonstrated experience in problem solving and handling sensitive issues with minimal supervision through to completion. Proven outstanding customer service skills and leadership skills. Experience working with volunteers and knowledge of ED/OR/ICU environment helpful.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be experienced in working effectively with customers. Ability to speak language(s) in addition to English desired. Ability to work independently and formulate recommendations. Ability to utilize PC applications.
Some wheelchair transport required.