To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the New Haven Sponsor Hospital Program (NHSHP) Education Coordinator, the NHSHP Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor is responsible for providing academic and psychomotor skills education to various students of NHSHP in various facets of basic life support.
- 1. Establishes a professional rapport with students.
- 2. Collaborates with lead instructor to assure that appropriate level of instruction and content is planned and executed.
- 3. Coordinates and teaches educational sessions designed to meet the needs of all levels of clinical competence at the BLS level.
- 4. Offers verbal and written feedback to the lead instructor, administrative staff, and students on student performance and participation.
- 5. Acts as a role model in area of expertise and professional practice by being self directed, self motivated, maintaining expertise and promoting the emergency medical services system.
- 6. Facilitates and models development of critical thinking, problem solving and communications skills among the students.
- 7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant issues, trends, and practices in the area of emergency medical services.
- 8. Promotes professional self development.
- 9. Works to identify student learning needs and outcome measures.
- 10. Works with lead instructors and other faculty to assure that the delivery of education materials and methods meet the needs of the students.
- 11. Supports leadership in ensuring that excellent customer service standards are met.
- 12. Reinforces behaviors consistent with customer service standards.
- 13. Maintains a current knowledge base in area of adult learning principles, clinical practice and leadership.
- 14. Negotiates a personal development plan based on self evaluation and peer review.
- 15. In collaboration with the lead instructor, assists with the development and implementation of performance improvement plans when needed.
- 16. Assists in the care and maintenance of instructional materials and equipment
EMS certification/licensure at or above the EMT level, other health care licensure/certification, or other subject matter expertise in the area of healthcare, public safety, EMS, or education is required
Pre-hospital experience, other healthcare experience, or other needed area of expertise experience strongly encouraged.
State of CT EMS-I Certification desirable, EMS certification/licensure at or above the EMT level, other health care licensure/certification desirable