To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Is proficient in obtaining EKG recordings and preparing them appropriately for the interpreting physician. Is able to function independently in performing EKG.
- 1. Understands computerized EKG equipment and procedures.
- 2. Explains EKG procedure to the patient.
- 3. Is able to obtain serial EKGs
- 4. Maintains cleanliness of EKG carts and stocks supplies as needed.
- 5. Knows how to handle non-routine patients and difficult situations effectively.
- 6. Recognizes the difference between artifact and abnormal rhythms.
- 7. Possesses basic understanding of technical problems related to recording each of the 12 leads of an EKG.
- 8. Understands and uses proper placement of the electrodes.
- 9. Troubleshoots and corrects technical problems as they occur.
- 10. Accurately enters all patient information into EKG cart before transmission to the central station.
- 11. Obtains Stat interpretations upon request and charts them.
- 12. Performs processing and charting of interpreted EKGs.
- 13. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self- Development as outlined in performance review.
- 14. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School graduate or equivalency
EKG experience preferred; EKG interpretation and dysrhythmia detection preferred.
Must become certified in BCLS
Will provide on the job training and must pass dysrhythmia course during orientation period.