To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Director Clinical Materials Management (CMM), the Performance Improvement Coordinator is responsible for initiating, coordinating, overseeing and managing all performance and quality improvement initiatives and projects, within the YNHHS Supply Chain Clinical Materials Management and Analytics operations. The Performance Improvement Coordinator engages and collaborates with the CMM Management team and other Supply Chain and organizational leaders to identify, prioritize, plan and execute performance improvement initiatives utilizing a variety of performance improvement tools and techniques. They are responsible for establishing mechanisms to report active projects and to track and report progress over time to established quantifiable key performance indicators and/or control plans. They will additionally serve as a performance improvement expert providing guidance, direction and training of key staff members to support an active and ongoing performance improvement program.
- 1. Collaborates with Supply Chain, Clinical Materials Management and Analytic leaders to identify and prioritize performance improvement projects that are essential to meeting Supply Chain goals and objectives.
- 2. Defines scope of services, functional, operational activities (i.e. replenishment, case cart production, requisitioning etc.) and business processes (i.e. loading of new contract to item master, responding to new item build requests etc.) in each section of CMM and Analytics.
- 3. Conducts assessment and performance summary of operational and business processes identifying opportunities for improvement (i.e. standard work, staff competencies, policy/ procedure, performance indicators etc.). Prioritizes and makes recommendations for next steps, project team formation and charter development.
- 4. Participates in department committees and task forces to facilitate productive and action oriented outcomes and to provide input related to applicable performance improvement tools and techniques.
- 5. Develops appropriate analyses that meet users' needs and support YNHHS business plan relating to Corporate Supply Chain. Provides data in a useable format allowing for the identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies as solutions of business and operational issues requiring management attention.
- 6. Designs and utilizes dashboards and performance indicator reports (both at Executive and Team Levels) to monitor key critical to quality measurements and operational goals. Drives utilization of dashboards by all team members. Assures real time and digital access to dashboards.
- 7. Ability to develop project business plans and cost/ benefit analysis as required to support the goals of the department and to facilitate the approval and advancement of specific initiatives.
- 8. Leads, facilitates and executes projects to improve the operational efficiency and quality of Supply Chain services and programs. Provides leadership and direction in meetings to establish and define goals and objectives. Interacts with all levels of the organization as required.
- 9. Communicates with all levels of YNHHS staff and leadership to include clinical, financial, and operational departments.
- 10. Utilizes appropriate information systems to collect, format, measure and report on established project related KPI's.
- 11. Responsibility and accountability for improving the quality and efficiency of operational and financial processes and the driving customer satisfaction for internal and external constituents.
- 12. Develops and documents new CMM, Analytics and Corporate Supply Chain policies and procedures, standard work, workflows and competencies for individual Supply Chain functional activities. Obtains approval and ensures processes are established to enforce the policies. Develops necessary training, tools and reports to assist in the administration of the policies.
- 13. 13. Uses Six Sigma, CAP, LEAN, Workout and other tools and methodologies to achieve process improvement.
- 14. Promotes professional management and staff accountability for improvements in quality, efficiency, productivity and consistency of all programs and services.
BS/BA required, MBA or MHA preferred.
Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in process improvement and project management to include LEAN and Six Sigma and experience with analytical tools and project planning /management. Health care supply chain experience is strongly preferred.
Six Sigma and LEAN Certification is preferred