To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, the Milieu Counselor is assigned to and works under the direction of a Registered Nurse, participating in carrying out nursing interventions to provide patients with opportunities for learning and adaptive ways of coping. The Milieu Counselor works collaboratively with the licensed staff on the ongoing development of the milieu and activities that promote quality patient outcomes.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Assists the nursing staff in maintaining a therapeutic milieu/environment to ensure the care and treatment of patients.
- 1.1 Acts as a cofacilitator in select unit based therapeutic groups as identified by Nurse Manager.
- 2. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides individualized patient care to insure the safety and dignity of the patient.
- 2.1 Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team offering suggestions and recommendations on addressing patient/family needs.
- 3. Participates in unit activities that promote a cohesive staff group.
- 3.1 Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and if unable to attend, reads and signs minutes.
Associates degree required and Bachelor degree preferred
Minimum two (2) years prior experience in Psychology working with specialized populations such as emotionally disturbed children and families.
Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team to communicate and effectively deal with complex effectively charged situations and possess group facilitation and crisis management skills.