To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Environmental Program Manager will work closely with various departments (i.e. Pharmacy, environmental Services; Plant Engineering, etc) to help manage and ensure environmental compliance within the operation under a myriad of laws related to environmental health and safety across the Health System, including all System owned and managed satellite facilities. Including, but not limited to, overseeing and documentation of:
? the management of hazardous and biomedical waste and underground storage fuel tanks
? the proper handling of chemicals
? the protection of employees from environmental sources such as cleaning product chemicals and sharps
? the discharge of wastewater from kitchens, industrial boilers and cooling equipment
? the regulation of discharge into the air by emergency generators and heating equipment
The Environmental Program Manager will coordinate the efforts of environmental, facilities and engineering staff involved with compliance, develop and implement uniform compliance protocols, and assist with the integration of newly acquired facilities and practices. Professionalism must be demonstrated when interfacing between hospital staff, environmental consultants, agencies and vendors, such as water haulers, disposal contractors, monitoring consultants and remediation companies.
Reports directly to the Vice President, Facilities Design & Construction and Real Estate.
- 1. Keep up and follow up on all regulatory changes
- 2. Develop prevention plans
- 3. Develop action plans and follow up to ensure completion and correction to any issues and violations
- 4. Environmental compliance and management systems, including proper handling and storage of hazardous waste
- 5. Possess superb presentation & people skills
- 6. Works well independently and as part of a team, holding self and others accountable
- 7. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- 8. Ability to manage priorities appropriately
- 9. Articulate and knowledgeable to connect with a wide range of audiences
- 10. Strong verbal and writing skills are required
- 11. Proactive work style
- 12. Capable of working in a deadline driven environment; time management and scheduling skills
- 13. Act as Chair of the Environmental Compliance Committee
- 14. Work collaboratively with outside and inside environmental general counsel
- 15. Work with various environmental advisory consultants, including Phase I, II and III Environmental reports.
Bachelor's Degree required in environmental studies with an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
A minimum of 5 years working on all phases of environmental projects. Understand the nuances of planning models. Proficiency with MS Office and Outlook.
Extensive walking in the construction sites, climbing ladders and scaffolds, continual visual observation of the work, verbal and audible participation in meetings and usual environmental office.
Extensive walking hospital sites, climbing ladders and scaffolds, continual visual observation of work sites,
verbal and audible participation in meetings and usual construction office.