To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Manager of Business Services and is responsible for the smooth, efficient day-to-day coordination of identified activities within all Radiology sites at YNHH. This position is also responsible and accountable for the coordination of staff maintaining appropriate complement of staff to handle demands. Assists in performance evaluations, in-service education and selection training of new employees. Responsible for equipment servicing, ordering supplies and coordination with other services and maintains policies in accordance with JCAHO & OSHA and HIPPA. Acts as a resource with the various departments, President Office, Risk Management, Medical Records, I.T. Patient Relations, Employee Relations, Benefits Office, Volunteer Office and all Hospital Image Libraries across the Health Systems. Responsible for the discarding of all CD's and salvage of X-ray Films across all YNHH sites. Works with Health system finances to ensure all checks are recorded and deposited from our various sources of income.
- 1. Coordinates the daily operations of the Customer Service Team to ensure smooth, efficient and high quality professional service using problem solving and independent judgement and good interpersonal skills.
- 2. Supports all areas within the Radiology Department.
- 3. Works with Business Service Manager to coordinate staff with other areas within the Customer Service Team to effectively utilize staff resources to meet demands on service during peak times.
- 4. Prepares an effective and efficient staffing plan to meet the demands on service that interfaces with each area within the Image Service Team resulting in minimal overtime. Arranges staff coverage for vacation and unscheduled absences.
- 5. Prepares Holiday coverage ensuring appropriate staffing levels for all Customer Service Sections.
- 6. Oversees the daily work schedule to accommodate the needs of the Imaging Sections, referring physicians and the patients.
- 7. Communicates effectively and professionally with physicians, technologists, Nursing staff and all others that interact with service.
- 8. Monitors the quality of work as well as productivity through audits and takes action where and as needed to enhance service and make improvements in process.
- 9. Assists Manager with the selection, orientation, training and evaluating of all personnel. Makes recommendations for promotions, transfers, terminations and disciplinary action where appropriate.
- 10. Responsible for ordering supplies, maintenance of stock levels and utilization.
- 11. Plans in-service education for staff and participates in regular staff meetings.
- 12. Prepares and maintains a procedure and policy manual for each section within the Imaging Services Team.
- 13. Responsible for ensuring all staff is current with JCAHO and Hospital training requirements, i.e. Universal Precautions, PPD, Hazardous Waste, etc.
- 14. Ensures Customer Satisfaction using Service Quality Improvements (SQI) techniques.
- 15. Provides support in cross training staff within the Customer Service Team to maximize flexibility, productivity and optimum patient care.
- 16. Supports and represents the Image Service Team on Department and Hospital committees as requested by Manager.
- 17. Performs other duties within the department as required.
- 18. Uses problem solving techniques, independent judgment, and good interpersonal skills to address issues
effectively as they arise and initiate service recovery
- 19. Proactively provides creativity and initiative in implementing new or improved processes to enhance Service Excellence
- 20. Monitors quality of work and productivity through periodic audits using EMR, PACS and ACD phone system data and takes corrective action as needed
- 21. Coordinates equipment service /maintenance schedules and assists with Quality Assurance in accordance with HIPPA, JCAHO, DPH, DEP, OSHA, MQSA, FDA, ACR, CAP, NRC,HIPPA and CMS
requirements where applicable
Bachelors Degree in Science, in Business, or in Health Administration.
Five (5) to ten (10) years in Customer Service related function, with at least three (3) years in a Health Care facility. Two (2) years prior coordination or supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, teaching and computer skills. Demonstrated ability to handle a complex staffing plan.