To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the preparation of foods as per daily menus. Assists in the Cafeteria and patient serving lines and helps to maintain cleanliness. Keeps a positive and professional attitude in the kitchen at all times.
- 1. Reviews menus to determine the type and quantities of meats, vegetables, and soups to be prepared; bakes, roasts, broils and steams meat, fish, vegetables and other foods as required; slices and/or portions meat, fish and poultry for serving. Reviews the Patient/Cafeteria menus and determines the quantity of the meats/fish/poultry to be cooked according to the yield needed for the recipe. Follows safe food handling techniques at all levels of production and holding these items at safe temperatures. Follows close portion control measures when slicing and panning up the foods. Is consistent with the amount of servings per pan. Batch prepares foods close to the meal service.
- 2. Prepares menu items in accordance with forecasted or tallied quantities and follows established recipes. Forecasts the amount of food necessary for preparation according to counts, aware of weather conditions that might have impact on the amount to prepare. Produces the item requested according to the recipe. Meets food needs according to demand without running out of product or having to temporarily stop the Patient line or not have the product available for sale in the Cafeteria. Obtains patient counts from the Therapeutic Diet office and follows through on all special requests. Produce srecipes for all shifts and garnish all pans for presentation to the Patients and the Cafeteria customers.
- 3. Meets with potential and Customers and Executive Chef on daily events. Suggests and produces the menu requested. Prepares those items requested according to recipe and quantities needed. Follows through on plate presentations with appropriate garnishes Serves the food in the manner in which the customer dictates. Utilizes leftovers to decrease costs.
- 4. Collaborate with chefs on menus for the Cafeteria Customers and the Patient clientele. Contributes to the patient menu development. Rsponsible for creating two theme meals for the patients per year. Assigns appropriate garnishing for entrees, starches and vegetables. Responsible for catering assignments in food preparation.
- 5. Follows recipes according to Safe Food handling Techniques Throughout each step of food production for all food items that he/she is responsible for follows safe food handling techniques
- 6. Maintains the cooking area in a clean, neat, orderly manner, plus the coordination of color-coded cutting boards with products.
- 7. All food prep as required by line position and shift.
- 8. Required to take temperatures and record in food safety logs throughout the shift. Responsible for maintaining and filling out all waste shhets as needed.
High school graduate or GED required. Graduate from an accredited school of culinary arts with five- (5) year's experience. Must have completed the Food Safe Program and successfully passed the exam requirements. OR Certification as a working chef with upscale catering experience. Must have completed Food Safe Program and successfully passed the exam requirements. OR The following criteria must be met: a) Three (3) cooking experience on a restaurant hot line or short order capacity b) Completion of an approved culinary program Completion of Food Safe program and successfully passed the exam **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Minimum of one (1) year of service at YNHH with at least a Successful rating on performance evaluation. Five (5) years in large-scale food preparation.
Must be able to read, write and speak English. Able to do special functions which includes setting up plates, trays and mirrors. Attractively garnishing plates, trays and mirrors. Competency in case managing patients treated at the Hospital regardless of age, disability, sexual preferences, gender, and ethnicity. Well versed on a variety of different menu types for both the Cafeteria and Patients. Able to create menus for a variety of functions and carry out the process from start to finish. Must be able to present self at these functions and serve the public accordingly. Must have General Baking Skills and or cake decorating, knowledge of Hors d?oeuvres and canapes, and be able to produce various items for special functions.
Able to stand, walk all day. Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $16.36/hr.
Maximum - $28.65/hr.