To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Switchboard operator responds to telephone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner. While maintaining patient confidentiality requirements, provide information, as needed meeting our high level of customer service requirements. In addition, assistance is provided to front desk personnel or to visitors in their absence. On-call schedules are maintained to facilitate contacting departments off hours. Knowledge of telephone functionality, voice mail, two-way radios, beepers, paging, security, fire, monitoring, emergency and alarm systems and procedures are required. Knowledge of the personal computer accessing various applications is expected. Flexibility to provide switchboard coverage when needed. Standards of Behavior will be followed at all times.
- 1. Communication
- 1.1 Demonstrate the ability and desire to listen, investigate and resolve customer issues in a timely manner while striving to exceed expectations.
- 2. Planning and organizing.
- 2.1 Maintain Medical Staff and The Westerly Hospital Staff phone directories
- 3. Information Management
- 3.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the PBX switchboard, telephone functionality, voice mail, two-way radios, beepers, paging, security, fire, monitoring, emergency and alarm systems and procedures
- 4. Evaluating and Decision Making.
- 4.1 Answer all calls and respond to requests in a timely, professional and courteous manner utilizing computer system and documentation as needed
- 5. Equipment and Systems
- 5.1 Monitor and verify telephone trunk lines, voice mail, tow-way radios, and beepers are operational, place service call to appropriate vendor and notify appropriate hospital personnel.
- 6. Teamwork
- 6.1 Demonstrate a team approach through willingness, enthusiasm and collaboration with others.
- 7. Performance Improvement.
- 7.1 Accepts accountability for individual job duties, department functions, and hospital-wide initiatives.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Prior switchboard and personal computer experience preferred.