To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs and processes rest and stress Cardiology scans. Performs quality control, and assists physicians in generating reports. Additional responsibilities include the scheduling and supervision of the nuclear technicians.
- 1. Performs camera quality controls.
- 1.1 According to manufactures recommendations, performing daily floods, weekly bar phantom resolutions and center of rotations.
- 2. Responsible for handling laboratory & biohazard wastes.
- 2.1 Orders nuclear doses in appropriate quantities to accommodate the provider schedules and to avoid costly wastes.
- 3. Performs data acquisition processes.
- 3.1 Positions camera in multiple manipulations as requested by the physicians or dictated by the studies.
- 4. Generates reports as required.
- 4.1 Assists physicians with displaying of data for interpretations.
- 5. Performs supervisory tasks.
- 5.1 Creates and maintains staffing schedules for all offices to fulfill department requirements.
- 6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 6.1 Attends quarterly radiation safety meetings at hospital and ensures compliance with applicable hospital procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent.
5 years Nuclear Medicine Cardiology experience required.
Nuclear Medicine license and/or certification required. Meets continuing education requirements to maintain license.
Requires extended periods of sitting, walking and standing. Moderate unassisted lifting to 30lbs.