To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general direction of the Patient Service Manager, and/or the Clinical Nurse, performs all duties that support patient care. These duties include direct and indirect patient care activities which are essential to providing comprehensive care to patients. Performs assigned duties within an appropriate timeframe. Participates as a team member, contributing to a positive work environment. Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to excellent customer service, learning and skill development.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Performs technical duties which contribute to safe, effective, and efficient patient care delivery.
- 1.1 Checks, maintains, and assures proper working condition of all suction units in any area deemed appropriate.
- 2. Assists the Clinical Nurse in providing patient care.
- 2.1 Provides comfort measures such as blankets, dimming lights, and positioning.
- 3. Performs responsibilities which contribute to the efficient opeation of the GI Procedure Center. Participates in keeping the environment clean and organized.
- 3.1 Initiates patient transport immediately upon request.
- 4. Maintains competency in areas of responsibility and participates in unit activities that promote a cohesive staff group.
- 4.1 Completes on line mandatory continuing education classes as required. Ensures annual PPD is current.
High School graduate or equivalent. PCA or other equivalent, i.e., Medical Assistant and/or Phlebotomy Technician desirable. Additional experience preferred will be specified depending on placement.
Two (2) to three (3) years of patient care setting, or education as stated above. All candidates must successfully complete the GI Competency Based Training and Practicum and unit specific competencies.
Ability to read, write, and perform basic math. All duties require some pushing, pulling, bending and standing. Must be able to read instructional materials and labels. Must be able to participate as a member of the patient care team. Must display the ability to take directions.
Must be able to life a minimum of 40 pounds. Ability to perform tasks of physical endurance and dexterity as required. Consistent use of proper body mechanics.