To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under Supervision Of Physician Who Is Responsible For Interpretation And Clinical Correlation Of Results, Provides Neurological Diagnostic Testing And Support Services To Patients And Their Families. Technical Procedures Include But Are Not Limited To Eeg, Aeeg, Ep, Ncv, Emg, Aabr, Otoacoustic Emissions, Operative Monitoring And Transcranial Doppler Studies.
- 1. Performs Diagnostic Testing Procedures According To Lab Standards And Technical Protocols; Tests Include Eeg, Aeeg, Ep, Ncv, Emg, Aabr, Otocoustic Emissions, Operative Monitoring And Transcranial Doppler Studies.
- 2. Educates Patient/Family On Test Procedure And Elicits Appropriate Pretest Information.
- 3. Safely Operates And Maintains All Equipment And Electrodes According To Manufacturer Specification.
- 4. Calibrates And Troubleshoots Equipment.
- 5. Uses Good Clinical Judgement In Providing Appropriate Testing With Proper Technical Parameters And Records Observations As Needed.
- 6. Routinely Obtains High Quality Records Due To Good Electrode Application, Patient Reassurance And Comfort, Proper Instrumentation, And Appropriately Documented Medical History, Observations, And Clinical Manifestations.
- 7. Uses Professional Judgment And Creativity In Presenting Alternatives Or Innovative Solutions To Problems Encountered During Testing; Modifies The Environment To Achieve Maximal Testing.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate With Emphasis On Physical And Biological Science. College Degree Or Coursework Preferred.
Experience In Neurodiagnostics Or Related Area Preferred. Clinical Experience In Medical Environment Preferred. Computer Experience Required.
Certification Through The American Board Of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technicians (Abret) In One Of Four Clinical Specialties (Eeg, Evoked Potential, Nerve Conductions/Emg, Or Surgical Monitoring) Is Recommended.