To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under The Delegation And Supervision Of An Rn, Provides Clinical Support With Basic Nursing Care And Patient Monitoring For The General Welfare And Safety Of All Patients.
- 1. Assists With Basic Patient Care Under The Supervision Of The Licensed Nurse. Moves And Lifts Patients And Makes Beds.
- 2. Performs Selected Procedures Such As Specimen Collections (Vre Swabs, Urine, Stool And Non-Induced Sputum); Urine Testing, Hematest, Enemas, Application Of Ice Collar/Caps Or Post Mortem Care.
- 3. Orients Patient To Unit And Secures Patient Valuables. Responds To Call Lights Promptly And Provides Necessary Assistance.
- 4. Monitors And Communicates Changes In Patient Condition.
- 5. Maintains Clean And Orderly Patient Care, Storage, Pantry And Utility Areas. Distributes Water Pitchers. Set Up Equipment In Rooms To Prepare For Admission.
- 6. Keeps Rn Informed Of Status Of Work And Availability For Added Assignments.
- 7. Provides Patient Escort Assistance As Needed.
- 8. Performs Patient Observer Functions As Requested.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 11. Performs The Reattachment And The Discontinuing Of The Telemetry Units
High school graduate or equivalent and graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program or equivalent (equivalent may be defined as a student nurse)
Minimum of one year medical/surgical or equivalent experience preferred.
Nurse aide certification or equivalent required (equivalent may be defined as a student nurse)