To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direct supervision of the RN or Patient Care Manager, performs duties of daily patient care which include bath and assistance with activities of daily living, data collection on weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure measurements. Performs non-sterile treatments, phlebotomy (depending upon area of assignment) and EKG's.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Conducts daily patient care activities including activities of daily living and comfort measures.
- 1.1 Performs complete or partial bath.
- 2. Collects Data.
- 2.1 Obtains weights, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure measurements, including orthostatic parameters as appropriate.
- 3. Performs non-sterile treatments.
- 3.1 Applies cold compresses.
- 4. Performs specimen collection/procedures.
- 4.1 Performs phlebotomy (depending upon area of assignment.)
- 5. Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions.
- 5.1 Demonstrates respect for the other person in all interactions.
- 6. Maintains active involvement in all educational activities related to role.
- 6.1 Attends all mandatory inservices.
- 7. Performs other responsibilities as requested by Patient care manager.
- 7.1 Is flexible with time as assignment changes to meet unit needs.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be a CNA or complete certification prior to completion of
orientation or has completed one clinical nursing school rotation and currently enrolled in a nursing program.
One (1) year patient care experience (EKG, Phlebotomy, Nurse Aide, Nurse Technician) preferred.