To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs In A Multi-Faceted Role As Liaison Between Patients, Family, Administration, Physicians And Staff To Identify Problems, Obtain Solutions And Create Avenues Of Communication. Functions As An Advocate For Patients In Concert With The Organization?S Patient Rights.
- 1. Independently Coordinates Customer Grievance Process Including Investigation, Resolution And Written Response To Complainants In Accordance With Cms Guidelines.. This May Include Triaging The Complaint To A Department Manager, Director Or Chairman For Input And/Or Resolution Depending On The Issue.
- 2. Co-Chairs And Oversees The Volunteer Patient Liaison Program At L+M And Westerly Hospitals, Including Training, Supervision And Ongoing Education.
- 3. Reviews Patient Survey Returns To Identify Complaints And Grievances Through Press Gane And Follows Up With Patients Per Grievance Policy.
- 4. Provides Staff Education And Support On All Levels Of The Continuum In Reviewing, Resolving, And Improvement Planning For Patient Complaints And Grievances.
- 5. Reviews Feedback And Rounds On Units To Identify And Assess Systematic Breakdowns In The Delivery Of Patient Care, Investigate Problem And Recommend Appropriate Corrections. Channels Information About Patient Care Problems To Appropriate Departments And Services In Order To Make Recommendations For Changes In Hospital Procedures And Policies. Collaborates With Directors And Managers To Roll-Out Education To Employees.
- 6. Utilizes Data To Identify Opportunities For Improvement And Communicates Them To The Appropriate Managers To Assure That Improvement Measures Have Been Taken.
- 7. Independently Coordinates The Service Recovery Program Including But Not Limited To Maintaining A Database For Usage, Making Enhancements To The Process As Needed And Educating And Reeducating Staff Regarding The Use Of Service Recovery To Limit Financial Impact To Hospital.
- 8. Reinforces With All Staff The Commitment To Maintaining Patient Confidentiality And Responsiveness To Personal Needs.
- 9. Identifies Any Complaints Or Grievances With Reference To Litigation And Refers Them To The Risk Management Coordinator And Director Of Risk Management, Patient Safety & Quality Innovation.
- 10. Uses Independent Judgement And Exercises Discretion When Interacting With And Responding Topatients And Family Members.
- 11. Works Collaboratively With Security, Clinical Managers And Risk Management To Find Or Replace Patient?S Lost Personal Items (E.G. Hearing Aids, Glasses, Dentures, Etc.).
- 12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 13. Promotes The Establishment And Maintenance Of Positive Working Relationships With Hospital Personnel In Order To Improve Patient Satisfaction And Reduce Complaints.
- 14. Meets All Goals Established For The Year.
- 15. 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor?S Degree Or Equivalent In Social Work, Psychology, Communications Or Nursing Is Required.
At Least Four Years Of Professional Experience In The Field Of Human Services; Or An Equivalent Combination Of People-Oriented Experience And Training. Previous Experience As A Patient Advocate Is Critical. Knowledge Of Patient Care, Patient Problems And Conflict Resolution. Excellent Human Relation And Oral/Written Communication Skills.
Ability To Use Independent Judgement, Organize, And Evaluate A Patient Relations Program. Supervisory Skills. Ability To Establish And Maintain Effective Working Relationships With Patients, Other Staff Members, And The Community.