To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Patient Service Manager, the Robotic Service Line Coordinator (RSLC) organizes patient care activities and serves as the primary clinical resource to the Peri-Op Team in the Robotic Service Line to provide quality nursing care. The RSLC supports the overall coordination of the surgical specialty and actively collaborates with physicians and staff to facilitate the dynamic environment of perioperative services.
1. Engages surgeons and associates in the development of capital budgetary requirements.
2. Serves as the primary surgeon interface for the robotics service line.
3. Actively solicit surgeon and staff input for enhancement of the robotics service line.
4. Leads and inspires a team of positive, competent and dynamic individuals.
5. Leads associate and physician education related to Service Line (equipment/supplies).
6. Collaboratively works with Perioperative Leadership Team, Clinical Materials Management and Sterile Processing to ensure accuracy of surgical case needs.
7. Maintains an environment to assure surgical specialty readiness for all accreditation and regulatory surveys.
8. Exhibit ethical and professional responsibility to contribute to patient care, Lawrence and Memorial Hospital, Westerly Hospital and other locations as needed for patients in perioperative services.
9. Demonstrates knowledge and implements patient safety and quality improvements for the robotics service line. Demonstrates clinical competence in perioperative services associated with designated surgical specialty (s).
10. Collaboratively works with specialty surgeons to promote optimal patient safety outcomes and efficiencies.
11. Collects, collates, and maintains program statistics and reports out metrics on a routine basis to include but not limited to first case on time starts and turnover time.
12. Encourage and mentor hospital associates to ensure competencies are completed/maintained
13. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and
Self Development as outlined in performance review.
14. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the program.
15. Demonstrates the ability to respond to multiple demands at once and prioritize and delegate appropriate tasks to all OR Team Members to facilitate the efficient and safe movement of patients through the OR
16. Demonstrates value, diversity and respect for all people in the work environment and ensures the successful execution of service excellence standards for all customers.
17. Serves as a patient navigator for the population undergoing Robotic Surgery within the General, GYN, Colo-Rectal, and Urological specialties and other services as needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of nursing. BSN required or matriculating.
Experience: Minimum 2 years perioperative OR experience with a minimum of 1 year experience in designated surgical specialty field.
Training: Hospital orientation provided.
Licensure: Current CT State RN Licensure is required. Rhode Island State RN Licensure required within 6 months of hire. Specialty certification preferred.
Other: Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills, maintains a high level of customer service, prioritizes needs of department and surgical specialty and organized operational efficiencies. Is clinically competent to provide care to patient population.
Perioperative Experience Required, Robotic Surgery Experience Required, Education Experience Preferred