To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Senior Manager Project Support provides leadership over the Project Support Team. The Senior Manager Project Support is responsible for the quality of all projects undertaken by the department. This position is also responsible for the direction of all space programming/planning, architectural/engineering design and the proper field supervision of projects during the construction phase. The Senior Manager will also be responsible, in conjunction with the Directors, for the selection and management of all outside facility planning, architectural, engineering, interior design and construction management consultants/firms retained by Yale New Haven Health System. The Senior Manager is accountable for the successful performance of functions in the technical areas of the Department and is responsible for Departmental personnel and budgetary matters.
- 1. Design Responsibilities
- 1.1 Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-term facility master plans and capital budgets based upon the broad Hospital/Health System goals and growth objectives and recommends their adoption to the appropriate administrator.
- 2. Construction Responsibilities
- 2.1 Directs and coordinates the activities of the field group, developing the necessary policies and procedures to ensure support for the responsible Project Managers.
- 3. Quality Control
- 3.1 Establishes the criteria for quality production in all phases of work. In consultation with all interested parties, prepare and distribute a Quality Control Guideline/Manual.
- 4. Personnel Relations
- 4.1 As required or deemed necessary, suggests new or revised personnel policies to the Director, Facilities Design and Construction, who will in turn forward them to the Human Resources Department of Yale New Haven Health System.
- 5. Other
- 5.1 Assumes, as required, the role of Project Manager in relation to specific high profile Yale New Haven Health System departments or projects.
Graduation from a four-year or five-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or
Construction Management. Advanced Degree is desirable.
Minimum ten (10) years active professional experience in an architectural /engineering or construction management firm and/or five years active experience in a health care system as Senior Manager of Design & Construction Department.
Preferred that the candidate hold professional Architectural or Engineering registration and/or contractor?s license.
The Senior Manager must have the attitude, judgment, and ability to motivate employees to maximize individual and team effort. The Senior Manager must have the demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to communicate very effectively, both verbally and in writing. Outside the confines of the office, this person should operate in a manner that reflects the dignity and professional attitude of Yale New Haven Health System. The Senior Manager must demonstrate a great deal of organizational loyalty and devotion to health system goals and possess business and management abilities far above average.
Ability to discern color, fully capable of determining sound and tonal qualities, ability to traverse complex building sites unassisted, ability to climb ladders unassisted to inspect work.