To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
High level of manual dexterity and visual concentration to pass instruments and observe sterile techniques. Performs a variety of functions in the OR to assist the surgical team. Knowledge of anatomy & physiology and knowledge of OR equipment.
- 1. Clinical Competence in Patient Care
- 1.1 Complies with patient issues as defined by DNV/ISO standards..
- 2. Professional Behavior + Growth
- 2.1 Attends in-service training as required to maintain competency in OR specialty.
- 3. Fosters Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 3.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 4. Identifies and Contributes to Performance Improvement Opportunities
- 4.1 Participates in performance improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities for improvement, looking at best practices.
- 5. Appropriately Utilizes Resources
- 5.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests.
- 6. Supports Activities for Exceptional Customer Service
- 6.1 Demonstrates a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 7. McKesson / Paragon Applications
- 7.1 Logs into ORM to print case cards for up coming cases and knows how to do so when on call.
(Certification) AST certification or certification eligible within one year.
Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or previous OR experience.
BLS Current certification is required. AST Certification w/in one year of hire.