To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Perform high quality diagnostic cardiovascular ultrasound exams in a timely manner. Sonographers are accountable for quality imaging, report creation, capturing patient demographics, taking patient histories and billing for their services.
- 1. Performs cardiac image acquisition using ultrasonography.
- 2. Completes the report in Lumedx in a timely manner and communicates abnormal results to ordering physician when appropriate. Reports are without grammatical or spelling errors and are detail orientated.
- 3. Ensures billing codes for exams performed are correct in Epic and makes changes when necessary.
- 4. Maintains equipment and work environment to ensure safe and clean patient care environment.
- 5. Communicates with management and other staff to facilitate efficient work activities.
A high school diploma is required and ARDMS registered (RDCS) or registry eligible.
3 to 5 years relevant experience
RDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) Accredited by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) Continuing education requirements: 15 CME credits every three years for ICAEL/IAC of Echocardiography, or an average of 5 CMEs per year.
Ability to work independently. Knowledge of Microsoft programs and general familiarity with computer operations. Knowledge of ultrasound reporting/PACs systems and ultrasound units. Ability to master various applications including SRS, Caretracker, and CRG. Excellent time management skills.
Requires extended periods of sitting, walking and standing. Moderate unassisted lifting to 30 lbs. Moves equipment, ultrasound machine echo bed to accommodated demand for different types of ultrasound tests. Assumes awkward body positioning at times.