To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, the Director plays a key leadership role and directs the process to proactively identify the impacts of market changes on business strategies and proposes strategy refinements and pursues growth opportunities. Leads the development and implementation of new business development projects and proactively identifies business opportunities for the Health System and Delivery Networks. Provides project management and oversees staff engaged in key System and Delivery Network planning initiatives, such as System -wide service line initiatives, clinical program planning, new technology assessment and feasibility analysis. Identifies new inorganic growth opportunities for the health system including affiliations, joint venture partnerships and acquisition opportunities to grow the YNHH continuum of care and provide exceptional patient access across the region.
- 1. Develops business plans for the System, Delivery Networks and Employed Medical Groups
- 1.1 Develops business cases to size and support potential strategic partnership and technology
opportunities. Gains external and internal support to launch new partnership, product or service through detailed assessment of benefits and risks.
- 2. Works in collaboration with other members of leadership team; evaluates and recommends strategies for expansion and enhancement of Hospital programs, business development activities and education. Provides effective strategic sales, marketing, education and materials to target audiences to fulfill strategic business development initiatives.
- 2.1 Supports and directs development teams including planning, marketing, finance, real estate, facilities,
legal, etc. to support the development of business plan implementation of new System and service line initiatives.
- 3. Researches and validates local and national market intelligence to further develop business development strategies that have specific and measurable goals related to program growth and development.
- 4. Effectively supervises staff and leads the business development team in the identification of market opportunities with healthcare providers and develops strategically focused plans that will result in measurable growth outcomes.
- 5. Coaches and mentors business development team members and members of the interdisciplinary team in areas of assignment.
- 6. Supports the development of Certificates of Need across the system in terms of new business development.
- 7. Supports the development of standard policies, templates, methodologies and processes that delineate common approaches to service line ambulatory business development, including financial modeling.
Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field.
10 Years of progressive experience in the planning or administrative /operational areas of an academic medical center with demonstrated experience leading a staff in business operations and development or performance improvement initiatives.
Must have excellent oral, written and organizational skills as well as the ability to develop and implement both strategic and operational plans in a matrixed environment. Demonstrated ability to lead staff and influence outcomes within and outside direct span of control. Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.