To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Cash Control Analyst processes and records all monetary transactions to ensure accurate cash flow for the Corporate Professional Business Services (CPBS). Maintains smooth internal and external communications to ensure positive customer relations and timely application of all transactions. Performs a variety of duties necessary to ensure that all transactions are correctly applied to each account. Analyzes, processes, and balances all payments received for patient accounts.
- 1. Analyzing and Processing Electronic Remittances: Receives, processes and balances electronic remittances daily to ensure proper and timely application of these transactions. Retrieves remittance file from appropriate clearing houses.
- 2. Analyzing and Processing Payments via Insurance Lockbox: Receives, processes and balances payments from insurance lockbox to ensure proper and timely application of these transactions to the appropriate accounts in Epic. Balances each transaction sheets and resolves other items in the clearing account that require further research, such as contacting carriers or other members of the CPBS.
- 3. Patient Payments: Processes payments via patient lockbox and self-service/point of service on-line portal.
- 4. Undistributed Work Queue Functions: On a daily basis, works the undistributed work queue by analyzing each account to ensure proper application of payments.
- 5. Refund Requests: Researches and analyzes all credit balance accounts and identifies source(s) of overpayment. Completes all refund requests (Patient, Governmental, Commercial). Manages all correspondence, maintains appropriate documentation and refund records according to departmental policy. Insures governmental refunds are prioritized and completed within the required time period, and keeps current with commercial payer guidelines.
- 6. Computer Systems: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Epic system and other related systems in order to perform all job duties including batch processing.
- 7. Main Deposit: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all procedures to compile the main deposit.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in a business related field preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years' experience in healthcare revenue cycle required. Payment processing and balancing experience preferred. Banking experience preferred. Experience should include use of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel.
A comprehensive understanding of third-party contractual requirements. Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to perform detailed analysis quickly and accurately. Intermediate knowledge of Excel is required. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally. Working knowledge of third party insurance carriers and how they are reimbursed is preferred. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, providers and customers.