To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Project Associate provides support and balance in the set-up, planning and execution of projects in conjunction with the relevant project management directors and managers. The Associate carries out support duties by collecting data, sorting, analyzing and coordinating project files, communicating same to the project stakeholders. The Project Associate arranges project schedules and regulates flow of work within or between organizational units and consultants/vendors/contractors.
The Project Associate helps to create and subsequently checks on the status of project schedules; creates and monitors purchase orders as well as modifies them as need arises, tracks invoicing and spending, tracks and monitors spending and time priorities, and may make recommendations to adjust schedules according to the project?s needs and availability of material, equipment and furniture.
Confers with project managers to determine project progress and to communicate information on changes in the work.Enters Project Information, tracks financial status of project and compiles reports concerning progress of budgets, spending, schedules and orders. Creates, modifies and distributes purchase orders, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date. Tracks same and amends as needed. May expedite and establish delivery dates for project materials.
Uses Facilities software system as well as system financial systems to track schedule, order progress, project costs and locate project materials. Assists in compiling project close out materials at end of project.Tracks hours spent on projects for all PM?s and presents information to finance department for cross charging purposes.
- 1. Creates and assembles the financial `roots' of projects including the budget outline, entry into StrataJazz and the new software program and whatever necessary spreadsheets and documents are needed to create a project.
- 1.1 Act as financial connection between accounts payable department and FD&C to verify timely bill payments
- 2. Tracks hours spent on projects for all PMs and presents information to finance department for cross charging purposes.
- 2.1 Compile all timesheets for month from Project Managers and approve for accuracy
- 3. Assists in putting the initial schedule timeline and paperwork in place for a project at its start.
- 3.1 Coordinate between FD&C and Facilities Engineering to review project drawings
- 4. Assembles and compiles data as directed.
- 4.1 Assembles and compiles project standardized basic data from established sources.
- 5. Maintains project record-keeping and filing systems, including records related to time charges, work time allocation and purchase orders, etc.
- 5.1 Sorts, classifies and files records electronically
- 6. Maintains and coordinates documents relating to Project Closeout.
- 6.1 Assists with Project Closeout and Accompanying Documentation
- 7. Expert on project management software function and abilities so can assist project managers and carry out all processes on software when project manager is not able.
- 8. Posts project information to records and logs, maintains established project files, and prepares various routine recurring project reports.
- 8.1 Posts project information into project records and logs.
- 9. Operates standard office equipment and software programs specific to the department in order to efficiently perform duties and have the project run smoothly.
- 9.1 Proficient with office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cad Viewer, MS Project and project tracking software programs.
- 10. Performs other related duties as requested.
- 10.1 Collates and assembles project documents for distribution on an as-needed basis.
High school diploma or GED required. The coordinator's position should have a degree and/or some business course work at the college or technical school level, working towards a Bachelor's degree is acceptable.
At least 3 years experience functioning in a project support role or a combination of experience and a bachelors' degree.
Knowledge of financial systems as well as financial process from start to finish. Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks with little supervision. Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of working in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (especially Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook), FDC software program and well versed in Internet research and navigation. Ability to draft and distribute high level communications to the department, delivery network, health system, and external entities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.