To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge From In-Patient And Out-Patient Programs. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 8. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 9. Initiate Patient/Family Health Education As Related To Cad Risk Reduction/Prevention. Recognize The Need For/Initiate Multidisciplinary Approach In Meeting The Scope Of The Cardio-Pulmonary Patient?S Needs.
- 10. Conducts Outpatient And Community Presentations On Cardio-Pulmonary Health.
- 11. Knowledge Of Arrhythmia Detection/Intervention And Basic 12 Lead Ecg Interpretation.
- 12. Demonstrates Ability To Conduct And Interpret Both Regular And Nuclear Ests And Tilt Table Studies.
- 13. Must Demonstrate Critical Thinking Skill And Self Direction In The Management Of Complications Associated With Exercise Or Cardiac Emergencies In Outpatient Cardiac Rehab And/Or Stress Testing.
- 14. Initiates/Modifies Plan Of Care/Exercise Prescription Based Upon Appropriate Understanding Of Hemodynamic Response To Exercise.
- 15. Must Participate In Chf Telemanagement Program To Include Phone Assessment, Documentation, Appropriate Intervention And Notification Of Complications Realized During The Phone Assessment. Must Provide Appropriate Follow Up.
- 16. Assess Patient?S Medical And Psychosocial Background To Determine Entrance Or Exclusion For Exercise In Cardiopulmonary Rehab Programs.
- 17. Knowledge/Skill In The Operation Of All Exercise Equipment, Exercise Telemetry System, Est Systems And Defibrillators.
- 18. Perform/Demonstrate Diverse Exercise Routine To Include Warm-Ups, Cool Downs And Relaxation/Guided Imagery Sessions.
- 19. Maintains Inventory And Exercise Area In Cardiopulmonary Rehab And Assist With Form Development.
- 20. Appropriate Documentation With Authorization For Services As Needed To Assure Reimbursement And Limit Non-Payment Of Services Rendered.
- 21. Establish And Maintains Iv.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing. Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Recent Critical Care, Ccu Or Medical Step-Down Unit Required. Previous Cardiac ?Pulmonary Rehab Phase I-Iii And Previous Stress Testing Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License.
Acls And Bls Required. Ana Certification In Cardiac Rehab Preferred. Able To Obtain Certification In Stress Testing Within One Year Of Employment.