To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide operational support in developing, implementing, and monitoring the strategy and programs of the Children's Hospital and Women's Services service lines. Supports and collaborates with key stakeholders, including Yale - New Haven Hospital administrative and clinical leadership, as well as Yale Medicine.
- 1. Responsible for translating service line strategic goals and objectives into operational initiatives.
- 2. Collaborate with clinical leaders, nursing and operations directors and other key stakeholders in the development of strategic goals and objectives.
- 3. Build and foster new relationships with Clinical Chiefs, YSM Administration and Medical Staff to support alignment between Hospital and School
- 4. Provide project management support for key strategic initiatives. Prioritize, coordinate and support the development and execution of initiatives.
- 5. Participate in the development and recommendation of business plans, goals and objectives for assigned departments and projects.
- 6. Provide periodic program and performance updates, and evidence of the accomplishment of strategic goals and objectives.
- 7. Utilize Pediatric Health Information Systems (PHIS) to identify quality improvement areas and work directly with quality & safety team on implementation.
- 8. Develop and coordinate reports, proposals, and presentations.
- 9. Coordinate with supporting groups, i.e. Finance, Planning, Internal Consulting Group, etc. Organize clinical, quality, finance and operations partners to systematically utilize internal and external resources to drive performance improvement. Ensure routine updates to key stakeholders through written and verbal communications.
- 10. Develop strategies to successfully achieve organizational revenue and expense targets.
- 11. Coordinate annual capital processes with Medical Staff, Operations and Patient Care Services Review and make recommendations concerning equipment, facilities, facility enhancements, new construction and services.
- 12. Liaise with Clinical and Operational leads, FP&A, IT, Clinical Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure delivery/execution.
- 13. Establish credibility across the organization through collaboration, visibility, relationship building and effective Leadership.
B.A. or B.S. in Accounting/Finance or Healthcare Management required. Master's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or HCA highly desirable.
A minimum of 3 years of hospital operations/quality improvement experience. Substantial experience in quality improvement. Recent experience in a health care environment preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations, ability to influence the thinking of others. Solid experience in health care operations, quality improvement, project management. Six sigma certification preferred.