To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
- 1. Performs quality and efficient diagnostic radiographic examinations, utilizingappropriate protocols and age specific standards.
- 1.1 Verifies physician's order on requisitions 100% of the time.
- 2. Operates radiographic equipment to ensure proper technical results.
- 2.1 Conducts daily inspection of radiographic equipment to ensure proper performance and image quality.
- 3. Prepares examination room to ensure a clean and safe environment with adequate supplies to assure efficient and accurate performance of exams.
- 3.1 Replaces any used supplies immediately after patient is dismissed
- 4. Performs quality and compassionate patient care, utilizing appropriate age specific
- 4.1 standards, to ensure patient cooperation, safety, and satisfaction.
- 5. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions, and communicates
- 5.1 feedback to ensure the goals of the department are met and operations run efficiently.
- 6. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her
- 6.1 own personal knowledge and to assist in expanding the knowledge of others.
- 7. To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic radiology all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 7.1 ? Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner; Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience. ? Staff will fully explain procedure and ask if the patient has any additional questions about the procedure. ? Staff will address any comfort issues a patient may have prior to starting procedure. ? Staff will thank patient once procedure is completed and ask the patient if they have any additional questions. ? Staff must meet the above goals and fiscal year threshold value, which was last fiscal year actual for a 2 rating on review. ? Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.2 for a 3 rating on review. ? Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.4 for a 4 rating on review.
Graduation from an A.M.A.approved Radiologic Technology program. AS degree required.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine radiography., RT(R) certification by the American Registry of, Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Connecticut State License, and CPR Certification.
Every other weekend 7:30am-4:00pm.
Proficient in routine Radiography CR/Digital imaging techniques, above average, knowledge of computer / Pacs applications, and good organizational and communication/customer service, skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.