To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Leads, facilitates and executes projects to improve performance across YNHHS. Supports the Safety and Quality Department in meeting goals and objectives. Influences and communicates with all levels of clinical and operational management concerning team goals and progress.
- 2. Leads YNHHS-wide collaboratives to reduce variation and standardize clinical care and operational effectiveness according to best practice.
- 3. Supports operations by utilizing appropriate information systems to develop supporting integrated clinical and operational data analysis and where relevant, financial data.
- 4. Uses appropriate quality improvement methodologies to achieve improvement in projects
- 5. Provides training and mentoring to YNHHS staff and clinicians on the philosophy, application, tool usage and methodologies of performance improvement. Collaborates with colleagues to develop and maintain the Performance Management Curriculum. Responsible for recruitment and scheduling of course instructors. Collaborates with Institute for Excellence department.
- 6. Facilitate and coordinate annual department-sponsored Joseph A. Zaccagnino Patient Safety and Quality Conference and Joint Commission update conference
- 7. Facilitates and participates in departmental task forces and committees to provide performance improvement input. Makes focused recommendations relative to the operational management across system service lines, departments and divisions.
- 8. Facilitates the utilization of dashboards and reports by managers and clinical leaders of all levels to monitor key critical performance and quality measurements.
- 9. Under the direction of leadership perform periodic gap analyses and action plan development to ensure conformance with national patient safety and clinical quality initiatives.
- 10. Identifies and manages reources to successfully execute projects. Proposes process and technology improvements to successful completion in cross-functional team settings.
- 11. Works closely with entire health care team on innovative projects to improve quality, efficiency, safety and reliability and assures evidence based practice is utilized in all improvement activities.
- 12. Provides education to enhance group knowledge of quality improvement and safety tools and methodologies.
- 13. Major participant during TJC survey process as needed.
Masters degree and valid RN license or relevant clinical experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of performance improvement in quality and safety is essential.
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with project management in a healthcare setting. Experience in statistics, analysis and clinical quality is required. Training experience required. Deep content experience and knowledge desired. Solid understanding of improvement methodologies and change management strategies. History of leading successful improvement work.
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Healthcare Quality or willingness to become certified within a designated period of time.
? Proven skills in project management.
? Proven analytic and problem solving skills
? Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
? Passion for patient focused quality improvement
? Must be patient-oriented team player with flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities.
? Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
? Superior written and oral communication skills, including presentations
? Committed to the principles of a high reliability organization