To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for developing and directing the System's government relations grassroots advocacy, maintains positive
working relationships with local (municipal level) elected officials, monitors local meetings as appropriate and assists
the SVP of Public Policy and Communications on research, writing and development of policy issues for the
- 1. Directs YNHHS local government relations activities.
- 2. Actively monitor regularly scheduled meetings of local municipal boards
- 3. Actively monitor municipal committee meetings that pertain to YNHHS
- 4. Develop and execute YNHHS municipal priorities. Raise awareness of YNHHS accomplishments and activities with local elected officials.
- 5. Demonstrate a high level of sophistication in cultivating, collaborating and maintaining strong relationships with local elected officials and relevant stakeholders.
- 6. Direct YNHHS grassroots advocacy efforts.
- 7. As requested, produce, monitor and promote advocacy messages on Voter Voice.
- 8. Monitor state legislative in-district meetings. Promote in-district meetings with employees and draft talking points and information for employees for meetings. Follow-up with employees for positive or negative feedback from in-district meetings.
- 9. Coordinate and execute annual YNHH Hospital Day at the Capitol and specific targeted Hospital Days at the Capitol
- 10. Staff and run the YNHH Community Council.
- 11. Support development of a comprehensive economic development strategy.
- 12. Other duties as assigned.
BA in Politics, political science, public policy or other applicable areas of study.
5 years experience in political advocacy or campaigning, state or federal government, or other similar experience.
Ability to work with a diverse population. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of the Voter
Voice program a plus. Word, Excel and Power point.
Meetings after 5pm are standard.