To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Laboratory Associates work in the laboratory as part of a team with Medical Technologists and report to laboratory coordinators and lab manager. Is responsible for handling and processing specimens Is responsible to accurately log specimens into the laboratory information system and correctly track samples to the main lab for testing.. Provides a variety of office functions including filing and faxing reports. Works effectively with the customer to answer specimen or other laboratory related questions in a timely manner to ensure the best patient care. Is responsible for data entry and retrieval.
- 1. Communication Skills/Customer Service: Receives calls for information. Transmits results for all laboratory testing to the appropriate healthcare team members on request to ensure that the laboratory fulfills the mission of providing excellent patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality.?
- 1.1 Demonstrates good customer service by answering the phone within three (3) rings with name, department, and 'How may I help you?' Always asks permission of caller to be placed on hold. Receives no more than 2 relevant complaints from our customers.
- 2. Specimen Handling: Receives, sorts, accessions, and processes specimens in order to ensure timely reporting of results. Ensures positive patient identification. Is able to independently troubleshoot specimen-related problems.
- 2.1 Follows the established sample handling guidelines and standard precautions. Sorts specimens by specimen type and prepares specimens for plating. Exceeds: No more than 2 sample processing errors. No sample processing errors which relate to correct patient identification.
- 3. Computer Skills: Uses computer programs in laboratory and hospital based systems to ensure accurate data entry and retrieval. Recognizes and addresses problems, malfunction, downtime situations or crashes. Communicates and/or assists computer operations to resolve problems as documented by computer operations, managers and supervisors.
- 3.1 Uses all computer based systems. Recognizes malfunctions and communicates problems to computer operations. Exceeds: Ability to resolve problems independently.
- 4. Laboratory Support Functions: Performs a variety of ancillary functions in support of laboratory operations.
- 4.1 Prepares the physician copies of reports for mailing, verifies the accuracy of the name and address. Exceeds: Corrects all inaccurate physician labels.
High school graduate. Associate degree preferred.
Two (2) to three (3) years experience in a clinical laboratory or phlebotomy preferred.
Working knowledge of computer systems and medical terminology helpful. Typing experience required (20-25 wpm). Excellent customer service skills required to include: communication skills, telephone skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent attention to detail is a must. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and have the ability to prioritize. Flexibility in scheduling will be required.
No special working demands.