To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Accessions (And Registers Office Specimens) And Transcribes All Pathology And Autopsy Reports.
- 2. Retrieves Patient History From Archives And Enters The Data In Meditech.
- 3. Assists Pathologists In Preparing For Multiple Educational Conferences. This Includes Researching Pathologic History, Gathering Slides And Kodachromes, And Assembling All Other Information.
- 4. Assists Cytotechnologist And Histotechnologists In All Non-Technical Aspects Of The Department When Needed, And Assists Hemotechnologists Concerning Bone Marrow Reporting.
- 5. Sends Pathology Materials To Other Institutions (For Consultations, Referral For Treatment, Presentation At Educational Conferences, Legal Matters, Research Studies, And Other).
- 6. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Procedures.
- 7. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self-Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 8. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent. Secretarial School Certificate Or Equivalent Relevant Experience.
Two To Three Years Of Administrative Assistant Experience.
Must Possess Excellent Customer Relations And Word Processing Skills. Must Be Familiar With Other Computer Software. Transcription Experience And Medical Terminology Required.