To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Create And Implement Process For Reaching Patients Receiving Services In The Emergency Department For Asthma To Offer Additional Education And Assessment.
- 2. Conduct Outreach Within The Neighborhoods From Which Asthma Ed Visits Are Most Prevalent.
- 3. Interact With Participants To Determine The Level Of Asthma Knowledge, Assess Needs And Support The Creation Of An Asthma Action Plan With The Primary Care Provider (Pcp)
- 4. Coordinate Asthma Education Classes Taught By A Certified Asthma Educator, Utilizing An Evidence-Based Curriculum.
- 5. Support Participants In Their Adherence To The Asthma Action Plan, And Their Accessing Of Available Resources, Such As Home-Based Programs To Identify Asthma Triggers, And In Obtaining And Properly Using Medications.
- 6. Work Closely With School Based Health Centers For Parents/Children Who Need Reinforcement Of Asthma Plan And/Or Additional Assessment And Education
- 7. Link To The Dispensary Of Hope At L+M And/Or Financial Counselors For Access To Free Medication As Appropriate.
- 8. Participate In Evaluating Program Success Based On Identified Metrics. Regularly Participate In Meetings Of The Regional Asthma Action Partnership.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Ged Required. Some College Preferred.
1-2 Years Community Outreach Experience Required.
Excellent Oral And Written Skills. Highly Proficient Bilingual In Spanish. Strong Positive Interpersonal Skills In A Team Setting And On An Individual Basis. Demonstrated Ability To Organize Work And To Work Independently.