To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Nursing Management and in cooperation with members of the patient care team, achieves desired outcomes in the following areas: customer service, Striving for Excellence, communications, medical records management, management of medical records documentation. Specific competencies relate to each of these outcomes. The Information Associate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, be able to respond to unpredictable, changing situations with sound judgment and posses excellent customer service skills. The Information Associate integrates these competencies into his/her work to ensure that the patient care team works for the good of the patient and family. He/she also accepts the fact that tasks may be added or deleted to this role based on the needs of the patients we serve.
- 1. Screens and refers incoming phone calls and directs patients and families to ensure that accurate and timely department communication is facilitated and that the Department is represented in a positive manner.
- 1.1 Provides all support and clerical assistance to patients, families, staff (both departmental and hospital), and community contacts with the greatest consideration and highest regard for customer satisfaction as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Develops and performs a variety of duties in support of staff and enhances the efficient functioning of the department.
- 2.1 Maintains the department's statistic including updates, reports, communications, census to staff and management team as observed by the supervisor.
- 3. As required by supervisor, performs related duties within the department.
- 3.1 Shares responsibility for inventory of all office supplies and forms to ensure efficient utilization of department resources and staff time as observed by the supervisor.
- 4. Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and competency to facilitate personal growth and job satisfaction as observed by the supervisor.
- 4.1 Assists in the cross-training of new employees on the functions of the support staff as observed by the supervisor.
Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by secretarial coursework, or equivalent training and experience.
Two (2) to three (3) years administrative clerical experience preferably in a patient care environment. Prior computer usage required.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills. Ability to read computer screens, forms, and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Ability to make simple mathematical computations. Substantial keyboarding skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises on the unit and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgment and excellent customer relation skills.
No special conditions.