To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Demonstrates advanced skill in interviewing, observing and collecting health care data, performing systems assessment, identifying patient support systems
- 2. Applies qualitative critical and discriminating judgment in predicting patient problems based on subtle cues and selects a course of action whose outcome is highly reliable
- 3. Demonstrates knowledge of test procedures and provides health education to patients, families, and/or significant others.
- 4. Demonstrates proficiency of treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the unit as demonstrated by competency assessment.
- 5. Administers medications, calculates doses and maintains current knowledge of medications and IV therapy.
- 6. Completes annual skills competency validation
- 7. Serves as a positive professional role demonstrating accountability and responsibility through professional behavior.
- 8. Maintains and updates knowledge of clinical and evidence-based practice by reading professional literature and introducing new ideas and interventions to unit practice.
- 9. Uses effective communication skills when working with others to create an atmosphere of collaboration
- 10. Promotes teamwork and cooperation through open communication and problem-solving techniques.
- 11. Suspends judgment on policies and decisions, allowing time to earnestly assess their pros and cons.
- 12. Is sensitive to different cultural, emotional and spiritual needs of people
- 13. Treats all patient related and other discussions with discretion; eliminates gossip; does not discuss patient or facility business in public areas.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing (Diploma, AD, BS, MS)
Minimum of two years registered nurse in acute setting. Minimum of one year critical care/ED experience.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. Current ACLS certification.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.