To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Leads, facilitates and executes projects to improve Perioperative Services. Provides leadership in meeting goals and objectives. Interacts with Administrative Officers.
- 2. Influences and communicates with all levels of clinical, financial, and operational management concerning team goals and progress. Accomplishes these goals by utilizing RIMS system to develop supporting integrated clinical, financial, and operational data and reports.
- 3. Uses Six Sigma, CAP, LEAN, and Workout methodologies to achieve process improvement. Provides mentoring to other employees on the philosophy, application, tool usage and methodologies of Six Sigma, CAP, LEAN and Workout and other performance improvement methodologies. Facilitates integration of methodology with external vendors and customers.
- 4. Provides key financial, operational and clinical data highlighting business and operational issues requiring management attention and resources. Participates in departmental task forces and committees to provide operational input. Makes quality-focused recommendations relative to the operational management of Perioperative Services.
- 5. Designs and utilizes dashboards and reports (both at Executive and Team Levels) to monitor key critical to quality measurements and operational goals. Drives utilization of dashboards by all team members. Assures real time and digital access to dashboards. Develops analyses that meet users' needs and support YNHH business plan relating to Perioperative Services. Provides seamless clinical and financial data in a useable format allowing for the identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies as solutions of business and operational issues requiring management attention. Uses data to continually model volume, revenue, expense, demographic and payer mix, and clinical process changes and their departmental and institutional impact.
- 6. Identifies and manages resources required to successfully execute projects. Proposes process technology improvements to successful completion using quality methodologies in both individual and cross-functional team settings in order to enhance productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction. Drives measurable and sustainable improvement within the Perioperative Services to eliminate defects.
- 7. Benchmarks both internal and external business processes to identify best in class processes and bring them into use for Perioperative Services and Yale-New haven Hospital. Provides seamless clinical and financial data in a useable format allowing for identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies as solutions of business and operational issues requiring management attention. Baselines, improves and controls measurement systems, reporting mechanisms, and data accuracy for all related master data.
- 8. Develops digital solutions as part of the process change control plan where practical. Simplify process inputs and outputs to create standardization and improve execution. Where differentiation is required, utilizes process improvement to ensure all unique processes are executed.
- 9. Provides a wide variety of administrative and financial support to the Perioperative Services Executive Team necessary for the operation of Perioperative Services. Performs other administrative duties within Perioperative Services as required.
- 10. Promotes professional accountability for clinical practice improvements. Leads, influences and motivates groups within Perioperative Services to critically examine practice.
- 11. Facilitates with Perioperative Executive Team necessary changes in the governance, managerial, support and clinical processes that affect outcomes across Perioperative Services.
- 12. Promotes consistency of practice within and across Perioperative Services. Uses clinical knowledge and skill in database analysis to identify opportunities to positively influence practice.
- 13. Teaches Quality Improvement theory, study designs, statistical analysis, and problem solving related to process analysis. Uses teaching / learning theories and principles to foster the educational development of staff and self. Provides education in the approach and methods of quality assessment and improvement throughout Perioperative Services management and staff involved in monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- 14. Networks with other quality improvement professional to keep abreast of changes in quality management field, to benchmark with other organizations, and to gain access to new ideas outside the organizations.
- 15. Serves as a resource by providing expert knowledge of regulatory standards and accrediting process (i.e. TJC, Leapfrog, DPH). Participates in regulatory activities within Perioperative Services.
- 16. Assists with the application of research strategies in identifying, monitoring and evaluating opportunities to improve patient care.
- 17. Facilitates implementation and evaluation of evidence-based practice in Perioperative Services.
Bachelor Degree required; Masters preferred
Three to five years experience with demonstrated leadership experience and performance improvement experience preferred.
Knowledge and experience of CAP, Workout, Six Sigma, and LEAN is preferred. Proven analytical / problem-solving skills. Outstanding communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Strong computer skills (e.g., Excel. PowerPoint and Minitab). Demonstrated ability to successfully lead process change.