To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Manages, coordinates and supports the daily activities of the medical dosimetry staff. Assists in unusual treatment planning cases. As needed, supplements the dosimetry staff in the operation of the dosimetry section. Monitors adherence to quality assurance procedures pertaining to the Medical Dosimetry section. Represents the Radiation Physics department at YNHH and Radiation Oncology department, meetings.
- 1.1 Provides input to the Director regarding performance of the medical dosimetry staff and conducts yearly performance reviews.
- 2. Assists the Director with the Radiation Physics department budget; and verifies the accuracy of dosimetry/physics charge capture.
- 2.1 Collaborates with YNHH and YMS billing to verify the accurate use of charge codes.
- 3. Participates in the development and implementation of: new clinical planning and treatment techniques, treatment planning systems, and departmental procedures and policies.
- 3.1 Collaborates with the radiation oncologists, physicists, dosimetrists and the chief radiation therapist, in the development of new treatment techniques and Radiation Oncology/Physics departmental policies.
- 4. Teaches applied aspects of medical dosimetry to residents, RT students and others, as assigned.
- 4.1 Teaches residents informally as required throughout the workday.
- 5. Maintains continuing education in treatment planning techniques and advances in medical dosimetry. Participates in department educational meetings.
- 5.1 Keeps medical dosimetry certification current and reviews pertinent professional journals.
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or an accredited Radiation Therapy Technology program (with certification in radiation therapy), supplemented by successful completion of a Medical Dosimetry training program. Certification by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board required. Masters Degree preferred.
Eight (8) years experience in Medical Dosimetry, Medical Dosimetry Credentialing Board certification required.
Knowledge of YNHH administrative policies and procedures., Excellent supervisory, management, instructional and technical skills. Interpersonal communication skills. Organizational skills. Intermediate/Advanced computer skills., Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of radiation oncology, medical imaging, and medical physics and dosimetry., A working acknowledge of radiation safety; and the rules and regulations of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and State Department of Health., Knowledge of the department's treatment planning software programs and techniques for 3-D CRT, IMRT, IGRT and SRS treatment planning protocols.