To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the development of the Orthopedic Service line in Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich and Bridgeport) markets. Responsibilities include providing leadership, planning and directions to ensure business objectives, operations/efficiency metrics and financial goals are achieved. Sets annual and long term financial goals inpartnership with the Service Line Director. Integrates and coordinates activities with other Service LineManagers in order to provide a consistent service to our customers.
- 1. 1. Program Development
1.1 Develop strategic and short/long term business plans in collaboration with Yale School of Medicine and YNHHS Leadership that anticipate and recognize the evolving factors that affect current /future needs and coordinate the development of strategies to foster future service line growth.
1.2 Partner with Greenwich and Bridgeport Hospital Leadership to implement new business plans and metric tracking
1.3 Develop relationship with Yale Medicine Department of Orthopedics and Community Orthopedic practices in the lower Fairfield County Markets
1.5 Ensure full optimization of information technology to achieve overall business objectives
1.6 Work collaboratively with the respective Director and other members of the Leadership Team, including physicians, to assess and monitor performance to key operating targets.
1.7 Support the development of strategic and marketing plans, along with action steps/timelines, effective implementation of the plan, monitoring and report outcomes;
1.8 Improve cost-effectiveness of clinical services and enhance both patient outcomes /satisfaction and
- 2. 2. Operational Management
2.1 Partner with Director of Nursing and non-clinical service line associates, which includes: charge capture analysts, schedulers, SBO system administrator
2.2 Coordinate administrative work flow and assignments of support staff.
a) Identify priorities for improvement and deploys resources to match skill sets with project needs.
2. b) Work with physicians and clinical staff to ensure appropriate integration of administrative and business operations
3. c) Work closely with physicians and clinical staff to maximize patient throughput and efficiency.
4. d) Mobilize resources on mission critical initiative as defined by senior leadership
2.2 Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and support to promote improvement
1. Promote an atmosphere where staff is encouraged to express and contribute to the improved functioning of the facility.
2. Advise on best practices and participates in training and development of team members.
3. Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
4. Promote standardization of policies/practices and develop required documentation
5. Monitor prepare/compile, analyze, report dashboard metrics and formulate action planning.
1. Facilitate team and leadership meetings effectively.
Page 1 of 2
2. Effectively communicate relevant project information to internal project team and external stakeholders.
3. Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
4. Mitigates team conflict and communication problems. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion. Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
5. Present recommendations for improvements to relevant procedures; and manage the implementation
of these practice and process improvement plans in collaboration with area leaders
- 3. Financial Management
3.1 FTE Allocation - will be responsible for ensuring we are meeting our business plan allotment for FTE 's and ensuring staffing has been hired in a timely fashion
3.2 Develop monthly and quarterly report on our financial P&L for the Lower Fairfield County Orthopedic Service Line
3.3 Work with the SBO to review denials; charges; payment reimbursement for all contracts/payors
3.4 Work closely with the Finance Department in cost control strategies and monitors efforts to ensure
cost-effective, efficient operations; reports variances to Director.
3.5 Support data collection, compilation and analysis required for business planning.
3.6 Collaborate in budgeting processes regarding operations and capital requests and support justifications
for capital equipment.
- 4. Marketing/Networking
4.1 Collaborate with YNHH/YSM Marketing/Communications departments to develop effective market share for the local Lower Fairfield Markets and supporting the development of community awareness activities to promote clinical programs and services.
4.2 Serve as ambassador for assigned project(s) and engage in activities to maintain visibility of related services including routinely visiting referring physicians gather information regarding the patient referral experience.
4.3 Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with primary customers of the clinical area(s) including medical directors, physicians, physician groups, patients, supply vendors and external entities to foster opportunities for revenue enhancement, enhanced customer service.
Bachelors degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field required; Masters degree in Healthcare
administration or related field or enrollment in a related Masters degree program is preferred.
With a Master's Degree in a healthcare related field: A minimum of five years project management experience
preferably in a healthcare setting.With a Bachelors Degree: A minimum of 10 years of project management experience; preferably in a healthcare
setting.Strong experience in program development and growth strategies
Ability to work independently while collaborating with our parts at Yale Medicine, Community Physicians, Delivery Network Leadership and System Leadership
Project Management Experience of 10+ years - Lean or Six Sigma
Able to communicate with Senior Leadership