To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Performs Diagnostic Ultrasound Scans As Ordered By The Physicians.
- 2. Assist Radiologist/Clinicians During Imaging And/Or Interventional Procedures.
- 3. Must Be Competent In All Areas Of General Diagnostic Ultrasound Tests Including: Small Parts, Breast, Abdominal, Ob/Gyn, High Risk Ob, Pediatric Abdomen And Hips And Cover Off Hour Shifts.
- 4. Is Also Willing To Assist, If Needed And Qualified, To Perform Vascular Exams.
- 5. Aids In Inventory Of Supplies, Procuring, Storing And Maintaining Equipment.
- 6. Responsible For The Well-Being Of Patients While They Are In The Ultrasound Department, Reassures And Comforts Patients As Required.
- 7. Assists In Scheduling, Arranging Transportation And Workflow Of Patients In The Ultrasound Department.
- 8. Aids In Administrative Functions Including Answering Phones, Coordinating With Other Departments, Preparing Reports And Correspondence And Other Such Assignments Related To The Ultrasound Department.
- 9. Rotates Weekend, On Call And Holidays With Fellow Sonographers.
- 10. Responsible For The Cleanliness And Neatness Of The Ultrasound Department.
- 11. Participates In The Planning Of Routine Maintenance Of All Ultrasound Equipment And Responsible For Safety Of Such Equipment.
- 12. Participates In Training Of Co-Workers And Students.
- 13. Prepares And Maintains Accurate Records As Directed Including Entering Information Into The Computer.
- 14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved Ultrasound Program. Must Meet Requirements Of Ardms To Apply For The Abdomen Or Ob/Gyn Registry Exam. Must Have A Working Knowledge Of Pertinent Equipment, Scanning Techniques, Patient Care, And Evaluating Patient Status And Emergency Situations.
Documented One Year Fulltime Ultrasound Clinical Experience; Or Completion Of A Formal Two Year Program Or Equivalent In Another Allied Health Profession; Or One Year Ultrasound Clinical Experience With Bachelor?S Degree Unrelated To Ultrasound Technology .
Breast Registry,Vascular And Neurosonology A Plus.