To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Assists With Basic Patient Care (Including Am & Pm Care, Toileting, Peri-Care, Emptying And Rinsing Of Drainage Devices, And Feeding) Under The Supervision Of The Licensed Nurse. Measures And Records Intake And Output. Makes Beds.
- 2. Takes And Records Vital Signs, Sao2, Blood Pressure And Weight.
- 3. Performs Selected Procedures Such As Specimen Collections (Vre Swabs, Urine, Stool And Non-Induced Sputum); Urine Testing, Hematest, Gastrocult, Enemas, Application Of Ice Collar/Caps Or Post Mortem Care. Applies Simple Dressings To Areas Of Potential Impairment Of Skin Integrity After Skin Assessment By Licensed Personnel
- 4. Maintains Clean And Orderly Patient Care, Storage, Pantry And Utility Areas. Distributes Water Pitchers. Set Up Equipment In Rooms To Prepare For Admission.
- 5. Orients Patient To Unit And Secures Patient Valuables. Responds To Call Lights Promptly And Provides Necessary Assistance.
- 6. Monitors And Communicates Changes In Patient Condition, Leakage Of Iv Solutions And Other Problems With Treatments/Devices.
- 7. Assists With Reinforcement Of Incentive Spirometry After Nursing Instruction, Reapplies Oxygen Equipment If Displaced From Patient Except Cpap.
- 8. Keeps Rn Informed Of Status Of Work And Availability For Added Assignments.
- 9. Moves And Lifts Patients. Supports Multidisciplinary Team With Range Of Motion Exercises. Provides Patient Escort Assistance As Needed.
- 10. Performs Patient Observer Role When Assigned.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High school graduate or equivalent and graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program or equivalent (equivalent may be defined as a student nurse)
Minimum Of One Year Medical/Surgical Or Equivalent Experience Preferred.
Nurse Aide Certification Or Equivalent Required (Equivalent May Be Defined As A Student Nurse)