To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
- 8. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Self And Patients.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 11. 1. Demonstrate Competency In The Care Of Antepartum, Intrapartum, Postpartum And Selected Gyn Patients.
- 12. 2. Demonstrate Competency In The Care Of The Normal Newborn.
- 13. 3. Incorporate Principles Of Developmentally Supportive And Family Centered Care.
- 14. 4. Demonstrate Competency In The Insertion And Maintenance Of Peripheral Intravenous Lines.
- 15. 5. Promotes Breastfeeding Through Assistance, Instruction And Collaboration With The Lactation Consultant When Indicated.
- 16. 6. Demonstrate Competency In Functioning As Circulating Nurse In The Or. May Demonstrate Competency To Perform Scrub Duties.
- 17. 7. Demonstrate Competency With Documentation In The Perinatal Data Program.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Must Obtain Certification In Electronic Fetal Monitoring Within Two (2) Years. Bls Certification Required.