To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Principles Of Growth And Development Over Life Span And Skills Necessary To Provide Care Appropriate To Age Of Patients Served. He/She Shall Be Able To Interpret Data About Patient?S Status In Order To Identify Each Patient?S Age Specific Needs And Provide Care Needed By Patient Group.
- 2. Implements Actions To Prevent Patient (Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, And Adult) Injury From: Positioning, Extraneous Objects, Medications, Infection, Chemical/Physical/Electrical Hazards
- 3. Stocks And Restocks Supplies Utilized In All Areas Of The Ldrp.
- 4. Assist With Turnover Of Labor Rooms And Cleaning/Maintenance Of Equipment.
- 5. Assist In The Nursing Care Under The Direction Of The Rn For Patients In The Ldrp.
- 6. Demonstrates Principles Of Asepsis.
- 7. Prepares And Organizes Materials Recognizing Special Needs Of Patient (Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult) Procedure And/Or Surgeon.
- 8. Checks And Maintains Specialty And Department Equipment And Supplies As Assigned.
- 9. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specifications. Insures All Necessary Instrumentation And Equipment Are In Working Order.
- 10. Implements Case Breakdown Procedure Insuring Minimal Downtime Between Cases.
- 11. Demonstrates Basic Clinical And Technical Skills According To Established Standards Of Practice.
- 12. Performs Desk Duties Such As Answering Phones, Physician Paging, Releasing The Door, Greeting Patients And Other Clerical Functions As Needed.
- 13. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood Borne Pathogens.
- 14. Adheres To Ldrp O.R. Dress Code.
- 15. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 16. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent. Graduate Of Approved School Of Allied Health Or Surgical Technology.
Previous Operating Room Experience Preferred.
Must obtain a Certified Surgical Technologist Certification
National Certification Required. Cpr Certification Required.