To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 10. Demonstrates Competency In The Care Of The Neuro Patient
- 11. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Neuro Assessment
- 12. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In The Airway Management Of The Neuro Patient
- 13. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding In Caring For A Trached Patient
- 14. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding In Assisting The Physician And Caring For The Patient During Special Neuro Procedures
- 15. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Our 'Tia' Teaching Program
- 16. Performs Pharynaeal, Endotracheal, Tracheostomy Suctioning According To Established Policy And Procedure: Pharynaeal, Endotracheal, Tracheastomy
- 17. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding In The Use Of Equipment And Care Of Patient In A Halo Brace
- 18. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding Of Nursing Responsibilities And Interventions For The Patient On A Ventilator
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License