To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supervises Public Safety Officers. Performs A Variety Of Duties To Ensure The Welfare Of Patients, Employees, And Visitors; Protects Grounds, Buildings, Equipment And Supplies Of The Hospital; Makes Decisions On The Best Way To Obtain And Maintain The Security Of The Hospital, Patients, Employees And Visitors Within Departmental And Hospital Guidelines.
- 1. Must Have Knowledge Of And Enforce All Hospital, Public Safety Dept. Policies. Educates Public Safety Officers In Any New Policies, Procedures, Equipment Or Techniques.
- 2. Is Responsible For The Inventory Of And Storage Of All Patient?S Valuables And Medications In The Safe, As Well As Attempting To Contact Owners Of Items Left In The Safe.
- 3. Reports To Work Early To Conduct Shift Turnover Such As Communicating Pertinent Information To The Oncoming Shift.
- 4. Acts As A Liaison Between The Director Of Public Safety And Public Safety Officers.
- 5. Is Responsible For The Supervision Of 3-5 Officers On His/Her Work Shift.
- 6. Ensures All Reports Are Properly Completed And Done In A Timely Manner. Example: Incident Reports, Employee Written Accident Reports, Oc Spray Reports, And Occurrence Reports
- 7. Is Responsible For Keeping Track Of The Contents Within The Lost And Found Closet And Properly Disposing Of Unclaimed Items Per Policy.
- 8. Sets The Standard For The Rest Of The Shift, Such As Grooming And Dress Code.
- 9. Reports Directly To And Works With The Director Of Public Safety Regarding Scheduling, Job Performance Of Officers, Safety Concerns And The General Operation Of The Department.
- 10. Is Responsible For Contacting The Director Of Public Safety Or Making Decisions In His Absence Regarding Emergency Situations.
- 11. Is Responsible For The Proper Staffing Of Shifts Such As Filling Vacancies Due To Sick Call Or Pto.
- 12. Assists The Director Of Public Safety With Yearly Performance Evaluations.
- 13. Is Responsible For The Training Of All New Employees. Ensures They Know The Hospital And Feel Comfortable Performing Their Job.
- 14. Patrols Lawrence And Memorial Hospital Grounds To Assure Public Safety Officers Are Performing Duties Appropriately.
- 15. Maintains Proficiency In And Certification For Use Of Firearms.
- 16. Performs Other Duties Assigned By The Director Of Public Safety.
- 17. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
Minimum Of A High School Diploma Or Ged Graduate
Minimum Of One Year Security, Law Enforcement Or Military Supervisory Experience Required.
Ct State Driver?S License Required. Connecticut State Security Permit Required By Completion Of On The Job Training. Pistol Permit Required. State Of Ct Blue Card For Sidearms Required Within 3 Months Of Hire.
Must Pass A Full Background Check By The Police Department Of The Officers Town Of Residence, As Well As A Complete A Medical And Psychological Evaluation By The Employee Health Department Of Lawrence + Memorial Hospital.