To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Participates in the implementation of the mission, vision and values of YNHH in an interdisciplinary approach.
- 2. Achieve initiatives as outlined in the YNHH and Patient Services strategic plans.
- 3. Coordinates activities to achieve optimization and workflow standardization with the use of technology and the electronic medical record. Serves as a primary point of contact with the Clinical Team and the ITS Department to engage in optimization activities.
- 4. Ensure clinical documentation and other viewing tools support evidence based practice.
- 5. Assure ongoing accreditation and regulatory compliance (JCAHO, DPH, etc.) in an environment that promotes patient safety. Participate in and support all regulatory visits and corrective action planning by aligning electronic tools with identified needs and assisting in review efforts.
- 6. Promote collaborative work relationships within Patient Services and with colleagues across the institution and Health System:
- 6.1 Serve as liaison to Informatics Council, Interdisciplinary Adoption Team (IAT), ITS/Epic, Education Consortium, managers & directors to ensure integration between ITS and Patient Services.
- 7. Promote professionalism by participation in professional activities. Represent practice at local, state and national levels through involvement in professional associations and organizations Maintain currency in field through continuing education, literature and seminars. Implement this knowledge in work practices and procedures.
- 8. Coordinate execution of project plans and resource allocation related to implementation and optimization of clinical systems within Patient Services and organizationally.
- 9. Conduct analysis to ensure continued appropriate and effective use of the electronic medical record and automation. Ensure development of electronic clinical documentation that effectively balances users ' requirements and system functionality with safe and efficient workflow.
- 10. Assist with the development and revision of department policies and procedures to address changes brought about by the implementation of technology.
- 11. Develop and maintain reports and analyze data to identify opportunities for improving practice. Engage staff /clinicians in, formulating and implementing recommendations for improvement.
- 12. Provide education to staff through structured presentations and unstructured interactions while assessing workflow or resolving technical questions. Provide direct, hands-on support to staff in the use of technology in a manner which promotes patient safety and confidentiality.
- 13. Monitor service areas, plan approaches for improvement activities, education/retraining. Design new processes, collect and measure data, review and report performance over time. Recommend, improve and redesign processes based on evaluation and reassessment.
Baccalaureate degree required; Masters preferred (one degree must be in nursing). Current CT state RN licensure and/or eligibility for CT state RN licensure required. Certification preferred (i.e. Registered Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC)-Nursing Informatics, CAHIMS, CPHIMS) or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years clinical practice experience with demonstrated leadership experience required.
- Minimum 3 year experience with the use of an electronic health record (Epic preferred)
- Strong Computer Skills. Proficient with Windows applications.
- Excellent organizational, presentation communication skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a collaborative team.
Baccalaureate degree required; Masters preferred (one degree must be in nursing). Current CT state RN licensure and/or eligibility for CT state RN licensure required. Certification preferred (i.e. Registered Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC)-Nursing Informatics, CAHIMS, CPHIMS