To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Nursing Process
- 1.1 The Clinical Nurse I (CN I) utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation while caring for our patients maintaining confidentiality and dignity. The Clinical Nurse provides safe, effective evidenced based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the care delivery team, the Clinical Nurse partners with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level utilizing the principles of patient/family centered care.
- 2. Clinician Patient Relationship
- 2.1 Demonstrates a holistic and caring approach throughout the nurse patient relationship.
- 3. Clinical Expertise / Problem Solving
- 3.1 Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to support the work of the team, unit activities, and the accomplishment of positive patient outcomes.
- 4. Collaboration/Teamwork
- 4.1 Delegates responsibilities to appropriate members of the care delivery team based upon an understanding of others' roles, scope of practice, knowledge, and capabilities to ensure optimal utilization of personnel.
- 5. Practice Development / Positive Impact (improvement of the self and improvement of the practice of nursing}
- 5.1 Successfully completes the competency based orientation within designated time frame.
- 6. Leadership
- 6.1 Communicates in a calm professional manner with patients, families, colleagues, members of the care team, and other hospital personnel, accepts and elicits feedback, and works toward resolving problems and clarifying issues and concerns.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing., Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut., All newly hired Registered Nurses must
have current BCLS certification or must obtain within one month of hire.
Clinical Nurse is the basic level for new graduates and all registered nurses., All RNs are expected to advance to their optimal level of functioning through promotion.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing, and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.