To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As A Functioning Member Of The Patient Relations Team, The Patient Relations Liaison Is Responsible For A Broad-Spectrum Of Patient Relations Services, Including: Receiving And Processing Patient Complaints, Grievances And Compliments, Data Entry. In Addition, Supports The Patient Relations Department Efforts In Achieving Patient Satisfaction And Risk Reduction By Early Intervention With Patient And Family Complaints And Grievances. He/She Assists The Patient Relations Coordinator In Identifying And Analyzing Issues In Order Find Resolutions.
- 1. 1) Receives And Documents In The Electronic Reporting System Patient Complaints/Grievances And Processes For Follow-Up Distribution To Manager/Director/Chairman Within The Designated Time Frame.
- 2. 2) Collaborates With Health Care Team To Review And Evaluate And Investigate All Aspects Of Patient/Family Complaints And Grievances.
- 3. 3) Provides Staff Education And Support On All Levels Of The Continuum In Reviewing, Resolving, And Improvement Planning For Patient Complaints And Grievances.
- 4. 4) Utilizes Critical Thinking Skills When Analyzing Situations And Solving Problems.
- 5. 5) Reviews Medical Records In Order To Respond To Patient/Family Complaints And Grievances.
- 6. 6) Reviews Patient Survey Returns To Identify Complaints And Grievances Through Press, Ganey And Emergency Medical Physicians (Emp) Onbase Websites.
- 7. 7) Composes Acknowledgment, Thank You, And Complaint/Grievance Response Letters Within The Designated Time Frame.
- 8. 8) Promotes The Establishment And Maintenance Of Positive Working Relationships With Hospital Personnel In Order To Improve Patient Satisfaction And Reduce Complaints.
- 9. 9) Answers Routine Staff, Patient Inquiries, And Directs Other Inquiries And Requests As Appropriate.
- 10. 10) Generates Reports For Documented Complaints/Grievances For Distribution.
- 11. 11) Identifies Complaints Of Complex Clinical Issues That Warrant Referral To The Quality Coordinator For Investigation, And/Or Peer Review.
- 12. 12) Identifies Any Complaints Or Grievances With Reference To Litigation And Refer Them To The Quality Coordinator And Risk Manager.
- 13. 13) Shows Courtesy, Respect And Dignity In All Internal/External Customer Interactions.
- 14. 14) Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 15. 15) Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor?S Degree Or Equivalent In Social Work, Psychology, Communications Or Nursing. Second Language Skill A Plus.
At Least Two Years Of Professional Experience In The Field Of Human Services. Knowledge Of Patient Care And Patient Problems. Excellent Human Relation And Oral/Written Communication Skills.
No Specific Required
Excellent Computer Skills Including Ms Word, Excel And Experience With Databases ; Medical Terminology; Ability To Interpret Medical Records; Ability To Work Cooperatively With Professionals And Other Staff, Patients, And Visitors