To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs radiographic procedures within assigned areas in accordance with department protocols.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Performs all diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures within assigned areas.
- 1.1 Performs radiographs in a prompt and professional manner as observed by supervisor and staff and patient feedback.
- 2. Reviews all necessary documentation to perform diagnostic procedures.
- 2.1 Reviews all radiologic consults for information or special instructions as observed by radiologists, medical staff and supervisors.
- 3. Performs preventative visual and manual inspections for each radiographic room/equipment assigned ensuring appropriate maintenance and cleanliness.
- 3.1 Performs daily room/equipment inspections. Reports all necessary problems to appropriate individual as indicated by random review of equipment log.
- 4. Participates in the training and development,instruction of staff and radiology students.
- 4.1 Monitors student techs in the performance of their clinical duties in accordance with program guidelines, as observed by clinical coordinator.
- 5. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth.
- 5.1 Demonstrates ability to function in any position within assigned areas to ensure continuation of patient services as required as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Accurately enters all applicable information and charges for procedures.
- 6.1 Types all demographic patient information from the x-ray consult into department computer according to computer program and department protocol, with no more than five errors per year, as observed by the supervisor.
- 7. Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 7.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 8. Contributes to an effective quality management and quality control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 8.1 Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as observed by supervisor.
- 9. Patient Satisfaction: ED &Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait Time: ED Wait Time :ED Courtesy
Graduate of a Certified Radiology Program
Experience preferred but not required
State of CT Licensure. ARRT registered or eligible
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.