To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Collects, abstracts and summarizes detailed demographic and transplant data information from a variety of internal and external data sources pertaining to patients receiving transplants through the Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Program according to department protocols. Maintains lifetime follow-up data on each transplant patient. Assists in the development and maintenance of specialized databases to ensure the accuracy of all transplant registry information. Assists in the preparation and submission of periodic and ad hoc reports required by regulatory agencies, third-party payers, physicians, researchers and others as required to meet contractual obligations. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Tumor Registry
- 1. Collects, abstracts and summarizes detailed clinical oncology information from a variety of internal and external (paper and electronic) data sources pertaining to patients in the Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Program according to department protocols. Enters data into StemSoft and/or associated databases according to established procedures.
- 1.1 Assures that all transplant information is collected and performed within the required time frame.
- 2. Actively participates in required meetings with the manager, clinical director and/or the transplant team members to ensure case-finding and quality data collection as required.
- 2.1 Attend weekly meetings with the clinical director and/or transplant team to obtain complete data collection on each transplant patient as required
- 3. Assists in the development and maintenance of specialized databases (e.g. StemSoft, web-based registries) to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all bone marrow and stem cell transplant patient information.
- 3.1 Assist in any StemSoft upgrades as needed
- 4. Participates in preparation and conduction of on-site audits and reaccredidation activities from external agencies such as FACT, NMDP, CIBMTR and third party payers as observed by manager
- 4.1 Assist in maintaining regulatory paperwork required by external agencies such as Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and third party payers (RFI's).
- 5. Assist in providing transplant data request to administration, physicians, and/or researchers while maintaining security and confidentiality of patient information.
- 5.1 Adheres to HIPPA Yale New Haven Hospital policies and procedures.
- 6. Develops and maintains knowledge of Stem Cell and Bone Marrow registries by attending educational workshops/meetings in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures
Associate Degree in health related field or two years of college and equivalent experience in related work. Bachelor's degree in health related field preferred.
One to three years of directly related work experiences. Knowledge of bone marrow and stem cell disease process, anatomy/physiology, pathology and medical terminology.
Intermediate keyboarding/data entry skills; intermediate skills using Windows-based software (e.g. Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point and Crystal Reports). Experience in using StemSoft system or oncology registry software is preferred. Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills and investigative/analytic skills with detail orientation.