To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Housekeeper I position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks in assigned areas within the hospital and any other associated building that is the responsibility of the Housekeeping Department. Cleans per Infection Control guidelines and follows various regulatory agency guidelines. May be assigned permanently to clean specific areas. May be assigned the duties of patient transfer, linen, laundry or any other related duties. May be assigned duties related to off site functions. Operates housekeeping equipment as assigned. Works either individually or along as part of a team as directed by the supervisor.
- 1. Cleaning Activities
- 1.1 Assigned areas are cleaned per department policies and procedures
- 2. Infection Control
- 2.1 Cleans per established infection control policies and procedures
- 3. General Assignments
- 3.1 Willingly accepts assignments
- 4. Safety
- 4.1 Attends required safety education programs
- 5. Patient Satisfaction
- 5.1 Assists in maintaining high patient satisfaction cleanliness standards
- 6. Working Relations
- 6.1 Assists Housekeeping Department in achieving goals and objectives
- 7. List core competency
- 7.1 List duty/task determing competency
- 8. List core competency
- 8.1 List duty/task determing competency
Ability to read and write English required High School diploma preferred
Probationary period to become proficient in all aspects of the position.