To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Reporting responsible for the preparation of the hospital's revenue compilation, reporting and analysis related to the financial statement close process and to support internal clients, including accounting, analytic and information systems support. Prepares the net patient revenue reporting for the monthly and annual financial statements and support related to net revenue and accounts receivable valuations, annual net revenue budget assumptions and valuation, financial assessments and ad hoc reports, supporting documentation.
- 1. Preparation of the net patient revenue monthly, AR Valuations and annual computations for the hospital utilizing SQL, Microsoft Access and EPIC . Maintains and coordinates computer models, valuation, projects and staff associated with same. Includes overseeing budget assumptions, building and maintaining detailed computer models, financial analysis, financial forecasting, recording and assuring the accuracy of accounting entries, reconciliations and investigation of variances as required
- 2. Maintains large database projects related to the revenue reporting and analysis process. Develops new opportunities for revenue enhancement using large data sets or databases, as well as working with other departments to identify areas of opportunity. Streamlines continuing projects for routine, accurate production, as required. Adequately documents work and processes as required for use by others.
- 3. Work with staff to support technical and information systems, data analysis, manipulation of databases and large data sets, and other analytical needs related to reimbursement requirements. Further develop staff to proactively engage in the evolution of the revenue process and associated reporting.
- 4. Works with multi-disciplinary groups for projects involved in the management and enhancement of revenue, as required. Groups may include representatives from various clinical areas, other Reimbursement and Chargemaster colleagues, Accounting, Coding, Medical Records, Billing, Utilization Management, Compliance, Information Systems and other Finance colleagues on a number of different projects.
Assures the accuracy and accountability of revenue information reported externally to outside auditors, governmental agencies and the public. Works to ensure that underlying Information Systems related to the revenue close process are accurate, comprehensive and updated timely.
- 5. Promotes the Corporate philosophy of positive customer relations.
- 6. Performs other duties as required.
B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance or related field is required. Health Care Administration, Mathematics, Information Systems or similar field in conjunction with degree requirement is a plus. Master's degree in relevant field preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in accounting, hospital operations and/or experience in a managed care environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations, ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of clinical departments, the hospital industry and the health care environment desirable. Assumes experience with large data sets and technical manipulation of same through use of Audit Command Language (ACL), Access, other database software (i.e. SQL), or experience in software programming. Assumes experience with decision support systems and cost accounting theory related to healthcare.
No special demands.